| Cuban Fried Chicken (Pollo Frito)|
1 whole chicken
5-6 garlic cloves, crushed
½ teaspoon ground oregano
1 onion cut in slices
¼ cup sour orange juice
1 tbs dry white wine
½ tbsp pepper
salt to taste
2 tbsp Adobo seasoning
juice from 1 lime
1. Use sharp knife and separate chicken by parts. Remove excess fat and skin.
2. Clean with lemon juice and rinse off with hot water.
3. Combine garlic, oregano, onion, orange juice, wine, adobo and salt. Pour mixture over chicken.
4. Cover and marinade in the refrigerator overnight or 3-4 hours
5. Remove chicken pieces from marinade and cook in heated skillet or pan until they are golden brown.
6. Remove garlic and onion from marinade and sauté them in a separate pan.
7. Place garlic and onion over chicken and add fresh parsley.